Tuesday 13 July 2021

Made myself a tank top start to finish

 



Hi and welcome to a new project: a completely handmade tank top from yours truly for yours truly. 
I made it from a stretchy leftover fabric, forgotten in my fabric shelf for years (i am a HOARDER from hell) and my beloved hand carved linoleum bat block (used here).
I traced a cropped tank top for the pattern, cut the fabric out leaving 1 centimeter seam allowance only on the shoulder and the side seams and then lettuce hemmed the hell out of the edges. I wanna thank my sewing machine for the nerve she kept during this process. Here are some pics I took along the making of the top, starting from the lino printing and ending with me Kate Moss-ing the shit out of my creation.


Bat close-up
linoprinting for days
a seriously cute pattern tho
that's when the weights come in handy!
back and front ready to marry

''You better work! Cover girl! Work! Give a twirl! Do you thing on the runway''

Oh and I made a matching mask to go with it because i don't want to waste a single centimeter of this fabric i spent ages printing! And boom new profile pic over here


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here <3

Made myself a tank top start to finish

  Hi and welcome to a new project: a completely handmade tank top from yours truly for yours truly.  I made it from a stretchy leftover fabr...